Saturday, February 23, 2008

My life has turned into a Hitchcock movie


I have been having sinus headaches of increasing intensity all month. On Thursday, everything really got bad. I woke up with a killer headache. I threw another fistful of ibuprophen in my mouth and went on with my day. I have gotten used to having a slight throbbing under my cheeks all day. I went to my 4:30 meeting, but was feeling a bit nauseus, which I chalked up to over indulgence in coffee.

Then, I was sitting in the law library afterward, doing some reading and taking notes. I looked down at my book, and it looked crooked, like things do when you are drunk and get bed spins. I felt incredibly ill, like I was about to pass out. I was so dizzy, it took me a few minutes to collect myself enough to go outside and call the school health clinic.

The nurse who called me back says that I probably have an inner ear issue caused by the sinus trouble, which is causing (wait for it) Vertigo! I have seen the Hitchcock movie before, but I never realized what was involved with this ailment until it happened to me.

Needless to say, I haven't been able to work on the second draft of my law review article, which is due tomorrow. I haven't really been able to read anything at all. Just typing this blog post is making me feel sick.

No comments: