Thursday, April 26, 2007

Moot court

As many of my loyal readers (do I have loyal readers?) know, I was going to try out for Moot Court, but got too lazy during Spring Break and decided not to. This week, I discovered that I am an idiot. We have to do an oral argument as part of our legal writing class this semester. I didn't prepare much for mine (maybe worked for a total of 5 hours or so). I never practiced it at all. I just wrote a one page outline of what I would talk about and showed up. Surprisingly, I did a pretty good job, and I really loved doing it. (Even my teacher said so)

Now I am kicking myself for not doing to Moot Court competition. I have had an ongoing "life issue" of not trying stuff because I am afraid of not doing well. I need to get over that. It seems like I give up on things like this, and then regret it later.

2 comments:

PT-LawMom said...

Bummer. :( Can you get on the team as a 3L?

HippieLawyer said...

I can try for it as a 2L in competition that takes place in fall. It's an oral argument competition where the top 2 finishers are usually invited to be on the moot court board. I think I will give it a shot!