Saturday, April 28, 2007

Is anonymous a good thing?

I have been reconsidering the decision to stay anonymous. I don't think I say anything too provocative that could hurt my career. I am fairly honest, if a bit sarcastic at times. However, if people I knew read my posts here, maybe the honesty would suffer. I am not sure that I can honestly post about my fears, hopes and dreams if I know my classmates are all reading it (and knowing I am the person behind the posts). On the other hand, in 3D, my life is pretty much an open book. I tend to be a bit moody, and others' views of me must be influenced by what mood I am in that day, but otherwise, what you see is what you get.

Same with what you read here. This is pretty much who I am, anxiety and all. I think I make more wisecracks here than in 3D, but otherwise, it's accurate.

What do all of you think about coming out of the blogging closet so to speak?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just stumbled across your blog and haven't read other posts. But I recommend that you remain anonymous. Even if you now believe that everything that you're writing is harmless, you may not feel the same way in a few years. But then the genie will be out of the bottle. Besides, what's the benefit of "coming out"? If you want to use your blog to broadcast things to family and friends, just email them the web address. If it feels strange to operate an anonymous blog that people who know you read, then post your first but not last name (so that a google search of your full name doesn't turn up the blog).