Monday, August 11, 2008

Job market looking bleak for "firmies"

For my classmates who are looking to work in big firms after graduation, things aren't looking so good this year. Only one or two local firms were on the 3L OCI list.

That means that these people might actually have to use their brains, and come up with a list of firms and addresses to send *gasp* snail mail resumes and cover letters to. Oh the humanity! They are going to have to do a real job hunt, not just go across the street to interviews with 2nd year associates who don't have a clue about what's going on.

On the other hand, I feel like I should be more worried about finding a job, but I am not. Many of the public interest employers I want to work for need more help in a bad economy. They also don't hire until winter. For now, I am just making my mail merge list of employers, and doing a lot of networking.

No comments: